From: Hellfire #1063 @1303007 VirtualNET
Date: Tue Jan 16, 1996 18:11:18

Welp...
I have some BAD news.  To anyone who was talking advantage of the The Sound
Doctrines VMB, all the passwords have been changed.  I am sure that they
arn;t that hard to crack.  Why you ask?  Welp... Its actually my fault.  I am
sorry to those who were using the VMB.

Now looking back, we can all learn some valuable lessons from this.  Lessons
that might seem stupid, but might help.  

1.  Hellfire is a lamar... <Shrug>  Well i wouldn't go that far....

2.  Using ANY VMB, for 3 hour long calls to people in florida, or anywhere
else for that matter is not a good idea.

3.  Over using ANY VMB is also not a good idea.  It dosn't seem right when
they see someone on for 5 hours at a time.

4.  Making prank calls from the VMB, constantly to the pizza hut, and
oredering 5 pizzas a week, and having them send it to the guy who owes you
$20 for the steelers, colts game is also not a good idea.  Becasue although
they will never know its you, they can track it to the VMB you are using. 

5.  Phucking with the account you stole's mail.  This was particuarly
malicous of me, and it was probably the main reason for them finding out. 
Hack VMB's is soley for a voice diverter.  Not getting into others mail. 
This was a very careless mistake on my part.  And it was also very lame of
me.  Its like breaking into a computer and delting everything, in my opinion.

6.  Do not send harrasing mail to the reverand from the account you are
using.  This was probably the STUPIDEST mistake.

7.  If you stay on a VMB for a long period of time, when the actaul user
who's account you captured, trys to log on, and its tells them that they are
allready on, it dosn't bold well...

     In conculsion... Do not take such things for granted as VMBs.  This also
goes for diverter #'s, and ANI's.  Over use and abuse casues them to be
altered so you no-longer have acsess.  VMBs should like i said be sued for
the sole purpose of diverting your vox calls, and not making obsenly long LD
calls.  I have learned a lot, and hope you too can learn from my mistakes...

-HF

BÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ0
X  20 Miles North of Nowhere  (303)932-1195  Littleton, CO   M1986-1996X   OMF  0
-ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß0